Two days workshop with focus on wild herbs (“yuyos”) both as they are and as metaphor.
Activity was addressed to architecture students of Escuela Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid –in the frame of their course “informal public spaces”– but as it was open, it counted with participants from different backgrounds.
- Talk/Presentation at the ornithology centre of Madrid “SEO/Birdlife” –thanks!–.
- Analysis of wild herbs at the bar “El águila” (The Eagle)
- “Yuyo manifest” (v.1.0) Written over an old street poster that was right outside the venue where we did the presentation/talk.
- individual development of an approach to informal public spaces:
personal game (what)
“Yuyo manifest” (modality)
neighborhood of Diego, Madrid and its empty plots (context)
- presentation of ideas at a sunny corner, with presence of neighbors.
- selection of one game, and play by all remaining participants.
- after workshop at dance floor. –”if we can’t dance to it, it’s not our revolution”
Escuela Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid
Grafill (Norwegian organization for visual communication)
Neighbours from Barrio de Diego, Madrid
… and of course to all unwanted plants and participants.